What kind of fabric is imitation cashmere?
Imitation cashmere meaning
This is a kind of functional fabric, it is 100% Acrylic (100% acrylic) after the feel is made, it is similar to cashmere, so it is called imitation cashmere. It is made of acrylic fiber through a special process to make acrylic fiber have the smooth, soft, and elastic feel of natural cashmere, and at the same time, the yarn with excellent dyeing performance of acrylic fiber is called imitation cashmere.
The difference between imitation cashmere and cashmere
1. Imitation cashmere has brighter and richer colors than cashmere, and its visual effects are brilliant; while cashmere has a relatively natural and soft color, with the unique beauty of animal fibers.
2. The imitation cashmere is a chemical fiber product, the fiber is straight and slender, without any curl, while the cashmere fiber has obvious curl.
3. The imitation cashmere fabric has poor moisture absorption, so it is easy to generate static electricity during wearing. The air permeability is also poor, so the warmth retention is much worse than cashmere.
The peculiar air layer of cashmere fiber can absorb moisture and has excellent comfort and warmth. This is incomparable to the best polyester fabric.
Wearing pure cashmere next to the body immediately feels the fusion of the fabric and the body, and it has a clear skin-friendly feeling. That is a comfortable one!
4. After the imitation cashmere is fired, the chemical fiber particles become agglomerated and twisted, which is obvious. On the other hand, when the cashmere is burned, you can smell the scorched hair, and the ashes after the burn are lightly touched to turn into fine ash.
5. Although it is not as good as cashmere, the strength of imitation cashmere is much higher than that of cashmere. It also has similar elasticity and fluffy curl to cashmere, as well as excellent drape effect, so the hand feel and appearance can be as fake as cashmere.
Moreover, the price and cashmere have a huge advantage (generally the price of cashmere yarn is about 40/KG), so it can be produced in large quantities, usually made into scarves, shawls, coats and dresses.
Three imitation cashmere have any shortcomings will pilling
Disadvantages: poor material, poor mechanical strength; troublesome when washing, easy to shrink.
Will pilling. In the actual wearing and washing process, the cashmere knitwear is constantly subjected to friction, and the fiber ends on the surface will be exposed, and there will be a lot of plush on the surface, which is "fluffing". If these hairs cannot fall off in time during continued wearing, they are entangled with each other and kneaded into many small spherical particles, usually called "pilling".